Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Turning Six!

Avocados: almost free. Blueberries: gasp! expensive. Birthday tradition lemon cake with avocado frosting: priceless.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - our wee girl turns six today! Sunday we decorated the front yard and steps with glittery hanging stars, put stick-on flowers down the hallway and into the living room, hung balloons and ribbons, and had the neighborhood girls over for fairy house painting, fairy hunting, and other sparkly things (dubbed by my daughter as her fake birthday party).

The best part was having my friend and her kids here. Not only did my friend skip lunch with me in the mad rush to get everything ready, but I love how her kids love! They made the party day really special, and continue to help the kiddo celebrate the "real" birthday today with grace and giggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

By car, elephant, and rickshaw

To be honest, I would have nixed the Lumbini part of the trip. We are facing down our last year in Nepal, and finally willing to overcome ...