Friday, July 20, 2012

Happy Anniversary to Us

Yesterday was our 9th wedding anniversary. At times I can scarcely believe how long it's been, but at other times I think back (5 years in VA, 3 other states, Virginia again, now Kenya)... eh, yeah, we've had some time to go through some stuff. Andrew brought me home 18 wonderful roses.

I also can't believe it's the end of the third week of my dear friend and her two kids visiting us. Only one more week (sniff!). This week, after a return from weekend camping and safari'ing, has been a whirl. Much like last week, we are taking kids to sports camp, applying sunscreen, and going to the store for endless amounts of apples, carrots and yogurt, and somehow getting in a nearly-full day's work as well.

The wrench in this week's plan was that said dear friend got laid low, very low, by what I decided was Campylobacter (darn food on the camping trip!).  I succumbed to a lesser degree, but it's enough to make me wonder whether I'll be able to eat our lovely anniversary dinner. Yes, we are going OUT tonight for dinner, leaving the child in the blissful care of a mostly-functional friend with her two awesome buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

By car, elephant, and rickshaw

To be honest, I would have nixed the Lumbini part of the trip. We are facing down our last year in Nepal, and finally willing to overcome ...