Monday, January 30, 2012

Life in the Bubble

My lovely husband came home midday and took me to lunch the UN. They have some seriously good food by local standards - even if dealing with other pedestrians on the way to the cafeteria is a confusing dance of which side of the sidewalk to tread (international driving rules...right or left?).

After lunch, I dropped him at the Embassy and took the car home. Not 2 minutes after coming in the door, the house phone rang. It's one of the guards from the Embassy.

Guard: Hello, do you know if Andrew is having any food delivered?
Me: (thinking, although we sometimes have home delivery of veggies, it's never on a Monday) Not that I know of...
Guard: I understand he has just driven home; but there is someone here at the Embassy with food.
Me: That we me driving home, we just went to lunch. I don't think the food is for him.
Guard: Ok, it must be another Andrew then, thank you.

Big Brother, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

By car, elephant, and rickshaw

To be honest, I would have nixed the Lumbini part of the trip. We are facing down our last year in Nepal, and finally willing to overcome ...