Monday, December 12, 2011

No Santa

Friday night was an exciting event in our family. Our little diva had her first ever Christmas concert. She sang her heart out, along with hundreds of other kindergarten through 5th graders, and had the time of her life.

Unfortunately, she'd been battling a fever for about 24 hrs. I tried to keep her home from school Friday, but the fever was gone (temporarily, it turns out), and she really didn't want to miss math. (She doesn't get that from me.) I let her go half day.


We had a low key Friday afternoon, a high-key concert, and dragged ourselves home. By the late hour of 8pm, we were all feeling a little worse for wear. By Saturday morning, Andrew was encapsulated in blankets with a roaring fever; I was holding off the shakes myself. Calynn claimed she was "better", but around 11AM I came into the room to find...





Saturday was the day Santa came to the American Embassy folk. We heard it was great for the kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment

By car, elephant, and rickshaw

To be honest, I would have nixed the Lumbini part of the trip. We are facing down our last year in Nepal, and finally willing to overcome ...